|Job Title:||Water Treatment Plant Senior Shift Operator|
|Company:||Modesto Irrigation District|
|Salary Range:||$34.38 – $44.01 Hourly
$2,750.40 – $3,520.80 Biweekly
$5,959.20 – $7,628.40 Monthly
$71,510.40 – $91,540.80 Annually
|Open Period:||08/23/18 – Continuous|
|Company Info:||Applications may be filed Online at: http://www.mid.org Position #80-2018-06
DESCRIPTION:The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular position under general supervision of the Water Treatment Plant Operations Supervisor, to supervise, operate, monitor, inspect and maintain a water treatment plant and its related facilities.
Any qualified individual may apply. This is a non-exempt position and part of the Utility Services and Maintenance Bargaining Unit. The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill other Water Treatment Plant Senior Shift Operator vacancies that may occur within the District through August 16, 2019.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate all necessary Water treatment equipment essential in treating, transmitting, storing, and delivering potable water, compute chemical dosages and flow rates;
- Operate pumps, valves and other equipment manually and remotely;
- Inspect, adjust, and maintain equipment;
- Physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water;
- Maintain necessary records and reports;
- Observe and enforce District safety rules;
- Supervise and train personnel in plant operation and maintenance activities;
- Control plant operation using SCADA and PC based computer systems;
- Use proper chemical applications and storage.
This job involves shift, weekend, and holiday work, including rotating or relief shifts.
Other Related Duties
Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Formal course work in water treatment.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience operating a water treatment plant as an operator in charge of a shift.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a conventional/direct filtration water treatment facility and appurtenances;
- Knowledge of membrane water treatment facility and appurtenances;
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of drinking water regulations;
- Knowledge of pumps, hydraulics, electricity and mechanical devices;
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to train and instruct personnel, assess changing conditions and initiate appropriate action;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prepare clear, complete and concise written reports;
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction;
- Ability to perform all duties in a safe manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
Special Requirements: Must have a Water Treatment Operator Certificate (T3) and Water Distribution Operator Certificate (D2) issued by the State of California Department of Health Services at the time of appointment . Must obtain, within 18 months of appointment a Water Treatment Operator Certificate (T4) and maintain thereafter. Must have a valid California Class C driver’s license.
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. A resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. APPLY IMMEDIATELY. Screening of applications will begin on or after, Friday, September 14, 2018. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual’s skills through (1) oral interview; and (2) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the testing in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at (209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-3933 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND APPLICABLE HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREE AND OFFICIAL EDUCATION TRANSCRIPTS, PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN, AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
- *How many years of experience do you have operating a water treatment plant as an operator in charge of a shift?
- No Experience
- 1-2 Years Experience
- 3-5 Years Experience
- 6 or more Years Experience
- *Do you possess a valid California Department of Public Health Water Treatment Operators Certificate, Grade 3 (T3) or higher.
- *Do you possess a valid California Department of Public Health Water Distribution Operators Certificate, Grade 2 (D2) or higher?
- *Do you have the ability to obtain a valid California Department of Public Health Water Treatment Operators Certificate, Grade 4 (T4) within 18 months of hire?
- Currently possess a T4
- *Please list the water treatment processes that you have operated as the person in direct responsible charge.
- *Please describe your experience maintaining a water treatment plant or similar facility.
* Required Question
Modesto, CA 95354
WATER TREATMENT PLANT SENIOR SHIFT OPERATOR